- This event has passed.
Slow Food Oʻahu Chinatown New Year’s Food Tour
February 18 @ 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Join us on an exciting Slow Food Chinatown Tour. We’ll explore the history, culture, and food traditions of Honolulu’s Chinatown during Chinese New Year.
- Shop colorful markets to learn about seafood, fresh produce, and traditional foods.
- Visit bakeries, noodle factories, specialty shops, temples, and historic sites.
- Sample local foods such as poke, roast pork, and tropical fruits.
- Bring your shopping bags to buy fresh produce, baked goods, and specialty products to enjoy at home after the tour.
Following the tour, we will enjoy lunch together at one of Chinatown’s fine restaurants. The family-style Chinese menu will include several dim sum items. Meal cost is included in the tour price. Please alert us in advance of any food restrictions.
The meeting location and suggestions for parking will be emailed to ticket-holders 48 hours before the tour. Please note: We keep this tour limited to 8 participants to ensure an intimate experience and avoid blocking already crowded sidewalks and markets. However, we also need to set a minimum of 5 participants to ensure that our volunteer tour leaders’ efforts are used to good advantage. If we don’t fill the minimum, we will offer full refunds and alert ticket holders to other upcoming tours. Thanks for your understanding.
The cost is $65 for members and $75 for non-members, which includes the price of tastings along the tour and lunch.