Slow Food Oʻahu Chinatown Food Tour – October 8, 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Join us on our exciting Slow Food Chinatown Tour. Explore the history, culture, and food traditions of Honolulu’s Chinatown during the annual Moon Festival.
- Shop colorful markets to learn about seafood, fresh produce, and traditional foods.
- Visit bakeries, noodle factories, specialty shops, temples, and historic sites.
- Sample local foods such as poke, roast pork, and tropical fruits.
- Bring your shopping bags so you can buy fresh produce, baked goods, and specialty products to enjoy at home after the tour.
Following the tour, we will enjoy lunch together at one of Chinatown’s fine restaurants. The family-style Chinese menu will include several dim sum items. Meal cost is included in the tour price. Please alert us in advance of any food restrictions.
The meeting location and parking suggestions will be emailed to ticket-holders 48 hours before the tour. Please note: We keep this tour size limited to 8 to ensure an intimate experience and avoid blocking already crowded sidewalks and markets, but we also need to set a minimum of 5 participants for this event in order to ensure that our volunteer tour leaders’ efforts are used to good advantage. If we don’t fill the minimum, we will offer full refunds and alert ticket holders to other upcoming tours. Thanks for your understanding.
The cost is $65 for members and $75 for non-members, which includes the price of tastings along the tour as well as lunch.