ARK OF TASTE & TERRA MADRE DINNER AND FUNDRAISER
When: Sunday, February 25, 2018, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Where: Mud Hen Water Restaurant in Kaimuki, 3452 Waialae Ave.
Cost: $85 members ($40 tax deductible); $ 105 non-members ($60 tax deductible)
Slow Food Oahu will hold its Ar
k o f Taste (AOT) Fundraiser at Ed Kenney’s Mud Hen Water
restaurant this mo nth. Funds raised will be used to send our Oahu delegation to Turin, Italy this September for the international Terra Madre event. Over the years, we have supported a number of Hawaii farmers, fishers and chefs including Waiahole and Maunawili poi producers, Ma’o organic farmers, managers from Paepae o He’eia, a Hanapepe traditional salt maker and other agents of slow food culture in our islands.
We will feature a variety of AOT foods, including Manalauloa kalo, Poi, Ko sugarcane juice and rum made from it, Hanapepe red salt, Hawaiian Ul, Kiawe and Lehua honeys, Poly nesian mai’a (banana), and Kona Coffee. To learn more about Hawaii’s Ark of Taste check out this link: https://www.slowfoodoahu.org/ark-of-taste
Join us for this unique and tasty dinner:
* The S-Car Go Slow, a specialty cocktail based on the classic sidecar with fresh pressed sugarcane and tangelo juice.
* Crudite of Raw, Grilled, & Pickled Vegetables with Koena Hummus and Hawaiian Chile Pepper Honey
Followed by Family Style Dinner (with Bread & Butter),
* Aloha Brewery Blond Ale
* ‘Ulu Agnolotti with Wild Boar Ragu
* Local I’a Fresh Catch w/ Baked Mai’a and Extra Virgin Coconut Cream
* A Horizontal Tasting of three Poi varietals from Waiahole and Maunawili
* Contorni Vegetables (whatever vegetables are provided by prior Terra Madre delegates)
* Hawaiian Vanilla Butter Mochi with Kohana Sipping Rum
* 100% pure Kona Coffee